Friday, September 2, 2011

Seeing depth

Succumbed to temptation and bought the following item during the long holidays (30-31 Aug 2011) - Hari Merdeka (Independence Day of Malaya/sia) and Hari Raya (Eid). As we did not want to spend too much money on it, we decided to get a smaller one just to enjoy watching 3D shows and playing 3D console games at home. Every time the 3D function is turned on, a warning message is shown advising viewers to take a 10 to 15 minute break every hour to rest their eyes.

It is fun to watch football (soccer) matches in 3D at home. With the depth effect, it is like having a small glass box in front of you where you can reach into the box and touch the little people who are running about kicking a ball inside it.

Let's see how long the novelty will last. In the meantime, I better take extra good care of my eyes.

The box

The reason

4 comments:

  1. Whoa! Great, I wanted to get one too as it's so cheap nowadays. But I already have 2 LCDs sitting at home and I only have a pair of eyes. Sigh! How much you bought yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1599 but I think there are shops that sell it cheaper still.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOooo! Neat! I'd never even heard of these before!

    ReplyDelete